Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My Random Thoughts: Paypal Now In The Philippines

Yesterday I signed up for my very first Paypal account after I saw an announcement in one of the forum I frequently visit that it was already available here in the Philippines. I've been wanting to have Paypal ever since I became an eBay member for several years now. In fact I wrote Paypal a couple of times to request that my country be included in their list.

It is difficult to transact at eBay or other internet sites if you do not have Paypal. You have to go through different channels to be able to purchase for the things you won at the auction and you have to pay for the additional service for sending money orders to US sellers. And since eBay is now also available in the Philippines it would be a great help in terms of secured payment and faster execution of buying and selling transaction if Paypal would also be available here.

One setback though is that it can only send payments but not receive payments or withdraw funds through Paypal. I am hoping that this is just the initial phase for the eventual offering of its full range of services. I feel we must have the full service of Paypal if electronic commerce or e-commerce will flourish in this country.

That is why I signed up for the campaign Paypal Now! which I think is a worthy initiative. It launched a signature campaign to ask Paypal to offer its full range of services here in the Philippines.

1 Comments:

Anonymous green tea said...

Good post, i enjoyed its informations so muc.

green tea caffeine
does green tea have caffeine

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home