Wednesday, September 13, 2006

My Random Thoughts: Memorable September

What is so memorable about September? Well, for one it is the beginning of the "BER" months and for many Filipinos it is a sign that the Christmas season is fast approaching. I noticed that TV shows here in the Philippines particularly GMA-7's "Unang Hirit" and ABS-CBN's "Magandang Umaga Pilipinas" already have christmas trees and decors on their sets as early as the first of September. Weird? No, it just goes to prove that Filipinos celebrate the longest Christmas Season in the world.

On a personal note, September is more special to me because of three very special persons in my life. My Nanay, who is celebrating her 76th birthday on the 15th, my Tita Curing also celebrating her 81st birthday on the 25th, and my Mommy Belen's first death anniversary also on the 25th. They are my three moms, the "Tres Marias" as they would jokingly call themselves.

I could compare my life to the movie "Three Men and A Baby", because I grew up practically with these three great mothers. I was brought to this world by my Nanay, my real mother, who loved me very dearly, provided me everything together with my Dad. But because of my Spina Bifida, I had to live in the city with my Mommy Belen, my mother's elder sister, so that I would continue to get proper medical attention and later on the best education. She was also equally loving and caring together with her whole family. They were my second family. When difficult choices had to be made, when difficult moments in my life seemed unavoidable I turned to Tita Curing, my mother's eldest sister, for strength and guidance. She, together with my cousins gladly accepted me and helped me cope until I was ready to live independently.

I would not be the person that I am today had it not been for the love, care, affection and generosity of these three great ladies in my life.

To my Nanay and Tita Curing, happy birthday and may you have more to birthdays to come. To my Mommy Belen you will always be in my heart wherever you are. Thank you, my three moms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home